John Kelsey-Fry QC
Called to the Bar - 1978
Queen's Counsel - 2000
“The best advocate in the land”
- Chambers and Partners
John Kelsey-Fry QC is widely recognised as one of the leading silks at the Criminal Bar. He is outstanding in front of a jury, has exceptional advocacy skills and his wealth of experience is almost unparalleled.
John is heavily sought after in areas of business and financial crime and as well as high-profile general crime He is also cited for his work involving defamation, where his cross-examination skills have proved case-changing, he has advised a number of high profile individuals as well as national newspapers.
John has also acted for a number of international clients outside of the UK jurisdiction.
John has particularly been commended for his efforts in the sports arena, having a wide range of experience of sporting and regulatory tribunals.
Recent & Current Cases
John is currently representing Roger Jenkins a former director of Barclays Bank in relation to an SFO investigation re Qatar.
John is also advising an individual in relation to the SFO investigation into Rolls Royce.
John is also advising individuals in relation to a number of on going SFO investigations including Unaoil & ENRC.
Other notable instructions in recent years include:
- R – v - Kwok: Successfully defended the property Tycoon in relation to corruption charges in Hong Kong
- R -v- Olympus Corporation: acted for the company in securing a full acquittal regarding companies Act charges brought by the sfo
- R -v- W: Successfully defended the CEO of a raw materials company charged by the SFO with conspiracy to defraud
- R -v- Huhne: Represented the former Energy Secretary charged with perverting the course of justice
- R -v- C: Successfully represented the former Director of iSoft in criminal and regulatory proceedings