Tom Allen QC
Called to the Bar - 1994
Queen's Counsel - 2015
"Knowledgeable, approachable, technically gifted and a great jury advocate."
- Chambers and Partners 2019
"Incredibly bright and a commanding presence in court"
- Legal 500 2018
Tom Allen is a leading silk specialising in cases of commercial and business crime and financial regulation. He acts for companies and individuals in domestic and international matters involving allegations of fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering.
Consistently praised in the legal directories, he is a notably powerful jury advocate.
Tom also undertakes complex advisory work. He is an innovative strategic thinker with extensive experience of assisting in the early stages of investigation.
In recent years, Tom has been instructed in numerous investigations and banking-related frauds. He has also been involved in a number of complex regulatory cases involving alleged failures by international accountancy firms.
Recent instructions include multiple SFO investigations into cross-jurisdictional bribery and corruption offences.
- Advising a publicly listed company in relation to multi-jurisdictional corporate criminal liability.
- Successfully defended the CEO of an international mining company in SFO proceedings relating to s.2 powers.
- SFO v Guralp - ongoing defence of the CEO of Guralp Systems in respect of allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Instructed to defend a director in relation to the investigation into corrupt activities at Petrofac/Unaoil.
- Advising Premier League football club in connection with an ongoing HMRC investigation.
- Advising a director in connection with allegations of overseas corruption in conjunction with the SFO investigation into Rolls Royce PLC.
- Acted in proceedings against PwC (the auditors of JP Morgan) for failure to notice the non segregation of up to $23 billion of client funds over a 7 year period.