Kathryn Arnot Drummond
Called to the Bar - 2008
A mature court advocate, experienced in jury trial and appellate work, Kathryn has acted as both leading and junior counsel in a number of fraud and significant general criminal cases. "She brings a breadth of knowledge, first-rate work ethic and confidence to each instruction".
Kathryn is ranked as a leading junior in Business and Regulatory crime (including Global Investigations) in the Legal 500. She provides strategic advice to multi-national corporations and individuals in a range of white collar, regulatory and collateral civil fraud investigations. Kathryn “combines excellent attention to detail with a great client manner" and is experienced in advising Boards, senior management and in-house legal teams as well as working parallel to foreign proceedings.
Kathryn’s familiarity with the financial services, equity and debt capital markets and extractive industries make her ideally suited to the demands of complex, serious and high-profile investigations and casework.
Recent and Ongoing Cases
- Advised a global investment bank in relation to a regulatory and criminal investigation in the UK whilst parallel proceedings were ongoing in the USA. After the FCA investigation was discontinued, Kathryn was instructed to assist the bank with the collateral civil litigation.
- Represented the Chief Operating Officer of Afren PLC, charged by the SFO alongside the company’s former CEO with fraud and money laundering offences.
- Advised a publicly listed company in an extractive industry in relation to multi-jurisdictional corporate criminal liability.
- Leading counsel in a multi-handed company fraud trial involving complex legal argument.
- Instructed in relation to a high profile SFO investigation into allegations of multi-jurisdictional bribery. Kathryn was one of two lawyers who attended the section 2 interview.
- Instructed pre-charge to advise a former CEO of a hedge fund in regard to alleged offences of fraud and money laundering.
- Advised a spread betting company on personal account dealing/insider dealing.
- Represented a film producer against charges of conspiracy to cheat the revenue and fraudulent claiming of film tax credits.
- Advised the directors of a pharmaceutical company under investigation for the commission of offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act as a result of wholesale foreign export on strategy and approach to interview.
Professional or other appointments:
Master of the Bench, Inner Temple 
Committee member of the Fraud Lawyers Association [February 2019 to current]
President of the Inner Temple Junior Bar Association [2012-2013]